Senior PHP developer
Our backend software development team used to be three people (Christoffer, Kenneth, Christoffer) who did PHP – on a bunch of PHP frameworks – as a Swiss army knife. Now we have substantially grown – currently we’re at 40+ developers – and noticed that we really need backend developers as well. The same guys simply cannot handle it all.
At the same time, our tech stack has substantially changed. Instead of doing traditional server-side-rendered applications with PHP, everything we do is based on RESTful APIs – sometimes on Lumen (Laravel), sometimes on Node, and surely in the future on something else entirely.
So, to put it briefly: we really need you.
Why you should apply:
- We have done and currently have lots of interesting projects. In 2016, we’ve been, for instance, working on Frank (AWS Lambda), Yrityskylä (Node), Toimitilahaku & Kodisto (Lumen) & Verisure Security Study App (Lumen). Open-source projects we have been working on on the backend side:
- People who work at Nord are top-notch, both professionally and personally. You always have a colleague who you can turn to and ask an opinion or help.
- We’ve try to make everyone’s day-to-day work as easy as possible:
- Our working hours are quite flexible and we believe in an 8-hour workday. We don’t want to cause our experts a burnout for working overtime all the time.
- We are also very flexible when it comes to working remotely. Though, working in our office at Runberginkatu is pretty fun. So most of us choose to spend our time in the office and – in addition to work – chat with colleagues, drink free coffee, tea, soda and energy drinks and occasionally, play games in our game room.
- We prefer to have our experts working form our office and not send them for months to work in our customers’ offices. We believe in knowing our colleagues and exchanging ideas face-to-face.
- It is also important to us that everyone can choose their own working equipments.
What you will do:
- Software architecture and API design (the API guys are usually responsible for almost all the business logic)
- Build APIs, usually in teams of 2–4 developers
- Build integrations for different platforms
What you won’t do:
- Do crap with really old legacy systems that customers tend to have
- Even handle our own legacy systems built with Yii etc. We have almost zero legacy systems that we maintain and usually we start with a clean slate.
What we require from you:
- 3+ years of experience with PHP
- Experience with PHP 5.3+
- Experience with developing REST API applications
- Experience with API design
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with automated testing
- Knowledge in software architecture
- Knowledge in software design patterns
- Fluent in English
What qualities would make you extra special:
- 5+ years of experience with PHP
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
- Experience with Laravel or Lumen frameworks
- Experience with Symfony
- Experience with Doctrine
- Experience with PHP 7.0+
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with Graph databases (e.g. Neo4j)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Good proficiency in Finnish
For more information, contact Lead Backend Developer Christoffer Lindqvist, 040 507 3141, [email protected]
Applications should be sent to [email protected]
We aim to fill this position(s) as soon as we find the right person, so don’t hesitate.